Christmas

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Who'd a Thunk?


I think that sometimes I thought MS was the worst that could happen to me. Wrong! So wrong…

 

We finished Christmas prep/cookies, and had a beautiful celebration. All the family was there, and we had a great time. As things wound down, I decided to get the swollen feet checked out again, by the doctor I like. He put me right in the hospital for treatment on January 6th, and thus began my whirlwind journey.

 

I received care for the swelling and blisters and was ready for some rehab. However, just before my release, they decided I had pneumonia. Three days later that diagnosis changed and tests began. I had cat scans, fluid draws, bone scans, biopsies, and blood drawn.

 

The end result? I have lung cancer which metastasized to my bones. It’s stage IV and incurable. I’ve opted for symptom treatment and eventually hospice. Right now, we’re living at my daughter’s, and I’m receiving excellent care.

 

Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers as we move along. I’ll stop in to update.

 

Peace,

Muff

 

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Like dealing with MS isn't enough of a challenge...

    My heart goes out to you. All I can say is... enjoy the cookies. There is always joy waiting to find US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Muff I gasped right out loud!! Oh Muff - I am SO sorry to hear this tragic news - I am stunned. I will pray for your comfort and peaceful surrender.
    Love to you Gail
    peace......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your cancer and the prognosis. Really hard news for you and your family and us bloggers too who have followed you for some time.
    I hope you take the time to write some letters to your sons and your daughter and your grands...do it soon.
    God's Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Muff. What a blow. I'm both shocked and saddened to read of this news. I know you will take each day as it comes as you have written this news to us with such aplomb. Know that I will be thinking of you and offering up all my best wishes for your comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dear Muff, I am so sorry to read this news. My heart goes out to you and your family. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I'm sorry I did not respond sooner but I have been staying off the blogosphere. My heart goes out to you. What a blow. What stunning news. Wow.May you find peace somehow.

    ReplyDelete