Christmas

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Just Family Odds and Ends

As I’ve said before when you don’t do a lot, there’s not much about which to write. I just have a few family odds and ends.

I got the most adorable letter from my little guy yesterday. He dictates, and Mommy writes it down.

Dear Nanny and Poppy,
     Thank you for letting me use sharpie scissors. I wish I could live at your house all the time. Now I am going to go and watch [TV show.]
                                                                   Love,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    [little guy]

I could just envision the scenario. He gets sharp scissors, Mommy said no, so he’s ready to pack up and leave! It is true that I started him very young in the use of scissors. He had blunt-end ones, but I taught him safety with the bigger ones. Now, he has a whole bin of scissors, and he’s very cautious when he uses them. I can understand my daughter’s actions, though. If the younger one is in the room, he wants to be just like big brother, and the littler one is not that careful. I’ll write back, even though I talk to him on the phone all the time.

We’ll be doing some sitting with them soon. Mommy and Daddy have tickets for Billy Joel one week and Jimmy Buffet the next week. The little guys will come for dinner and then stay overnight. The parents will stay over, too, after the concerts. It’ll be fun, and I can’t wait. Oh, and we’re puppy sitting those days as well. Kasey’s master will be in Cape Cod, and we get the pleasure of a visit from Himself.

The younger guy has to have a tonsillectomy at the end of the month. His dad’s a doctor, and he doesn’t like the idea, having seen too many bad results in the ER, but the ENT assured him that all will go well. Again, we’ll take the big brother for a few days during the recuperation. With only one here, we’ll probably do more.

My daughter and SIL are still going to move back to NJ, but not as close to us as I had originally thought. The job offer he received will take them farther north. I’m not a happy camper, but I want what’s best for them. It’s funny how they’re an hour away now and in another state. When they move they’ll be in the same state but close to two hours away. That’s what happens when your kids grow up.

That’s about all I have concerning my family. If I get cooking tomorrow for my two big boys, I’ll have more.

Peace,

Muff

4 comments:

  1. they will always think of you with warm, happy memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I want them to remember me as my own kids remember my mother.

      Delete
  2. Re: "...there’s not much about which to write. I just have a few family odds and ends." That's a lot to write about. And you do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I'm convinced I could write about any given subject, even if readers don't want to hear all my stories!

      Delete