Christmas

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thursday Tidbits

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you the following message. Friday Fragments will not be seen due to technical difficulties. We bring you, instead, Thursday Tidbits for your viewing pleasure.

Explanation:  Tomorrow, we’re traveling down to pick up our two little guys so we can babysit them overnight while the Mommy and Daddy attend a wedding. It won’t be a long visit, just a quickie, but I try to stuff as much as possible into the short time. Even though it may be chilly, we’re letting the boys do some gardening. We got some flats of impatiens, and we’ll let the guys plant them in our front garden. It’ll be messy, but they can always get scrubbed up afterward. So, with that, there won’t be a post tomorrow.

Dinner:  I did take the camera into the kitchen, but no photos. I had asked my husband to 1. Turn up the oven to 350°; 2. Put the apples and potatoes in the oven; 3. Turn on the asparagus; and 4. Brush the ribs with BBQ sauce. Mr. ADHD only hears part of it. So, when I get to the kitchen I find 1. The oven was at 355° -- OK, no big deal for 5 degrees; 2. He did put the baking dishes into the oven – YAY!; 3. The asparagus were not turned on – they don’t take long, so it was all right; 4. He misunderstood BBQ sauce and thought hot sauce! Soooo, since my mouth cannot tolerate hot and spicy, I was in agony after one little bite. I had to get a spoon of ice cream to hold in my mouth. I wasn’t into photo ops by then! Oh well, the boys (who love hot things,) ate it and took home leftovers.

Weather:  Cold weather blew back in, and it hasn’t even reached 50° yet today. The sun is in and out, and it certainly doesn’t feel like spring anymore! I think by next week, we’ll be back into the sixties for a while. I’m hoping we don’t just zoom up into the hot weather the way we sometimes do. I need that gentle interlude between the very cold and steamy hot.

Pain:  My husband went back to his doctor last Friday and told him that nothing was helping the back/leg pain. So, he was referred to physical therapy to see if stretching would help. He had a session on Tuesday and received instructions for home exercises. He’s been diligent about following them, which surprised me. His doctor and therapist believe that three weeks of exercising at the therapist and home should alleviate the pain. If not, we’re looking at MRIs, CAT scans, and possible surgery. I’m dreading the latter because I won’t be able to do the caregiver part. Let’s keep our fingers crossed!

Books/TV:  I’m still reading The Nightingale, and it’s taking me longer than expected.  I have to read in small segments when the subject matter is war or torture, both of which the book contains – Nazi-occupied France in World War II. TV is still the same – nothing really good to report.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for today.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.

Peace,

Muff

8 comments:

  1. I get a kick out of imagining the dirt and mud-caked faces of the little ones. And your smile of joy watching and supervising them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The digging never happened, but they surely find other ways to get dirty. Love little boys!

      Delete
  2. hehehe, selective hearing, my hubs has that also!!!!

    i had knitting class today, we had to knit inside it was so cold and windy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll warm up a bit this week. From the predictions, we should be back into spring weather. BTW, your knitting is beautiful!!

      Delete
  3. Hot sauce rebellion?

    I have been doing some Florida gardening, but it is already too hot for that. Just have to finish up mulching before I head back north.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that it's already hot in Florida! At least you avoided the awful New England winter!

      Delete
  4. Hot sauce instead of BBQ sauce! Yuck! I'm with you. though I could take a little spice by mixing them both.

    My DH bought seeds and hasn't even prepared a place to plant them let alone put them int he earth. We might get flowers by October, ya' think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even mix hot sauce with anything -- my tongue and mouth just can't take it. Once it gets warm and sunny, seeds grow quickly, so he has time. Just saying...

      Delete