Springtime

Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Musings [yawn]

cutestpaw.com
I’m getting a late start here because I’m moving slowly.

Time Change: Daylight Savings Time means the sun stays a little longer. It’s a harbinger of the warmer days to come. It provides some energy relief. Unfortunately, it often wreaks havoc with my physical being. This has nothing to do with thee MS; I’ve always been that way. Losing an hour always irritated me, and I was so tired. I was talking to an older friend yesterday, and she feels the same way. Her eyes were glazed and puffy, and she said she just wanted to nap all day. Because we go to church on Sundays, I get up early enough to get dressed in a leisurely way and not have to rush. Well, yesterday, that early rising, along with the lost hour of sleep, left me slogging along the entire day. Even today, I’m still out of sorts and sleepy. I think the time should change on a Friday afternoon. At 2:00 P.M., the clocks would jump ahead an hour, and it magically would be 3:00. Then people at work would get out earlier, kids could start their weekend break sooner, and no one would feel the effects of losing that hour. By Sunday morning, they’d be in great shape. Of course no one asked my opinion on that!

Laughter – Good for the Soul: The younger of our little guys is transitioning to a ‘big boy bed.’ He’s twenty months, and I think it’s a bit young, but hey, I’m not the parent. His home crib changes to a youth bed with a half-rail at one end. I thought ours did likewise; however, we have no short rail. I’m too nervous about him falling, so we got a half-rail and my husband was putting it together this morning. That’s where the laughter comes. He just isn’t ‘handy.’ He can read and re-read instructions, but still can’t get it right. It frustrates him because he’s so smart in other areas. For me, it’s just funny. He has parts lying all around him, the directions in front of him, and some blue words flying everywhere. I’m no help because I instantly visualize it, and the instructions seem easy, but I lack the physical coordination to assemble. He eventually got it right, but I was tittering behind my hand for quite a bit.

March Weather: Sometimes it feels like spring, and at other times, I’m reminded that winter is still here. Saturday was a warm, golden day, and the temps soared into the fifties. Yesterday was chillier, but it was still sunny. Today it may hit 50° again, and tomorrow, we could reach the 60s. Then the cold returns and we could see a little snow.  And by next weekend, we’re warm again. We only have a small mound of snow remaining, and I’ve even see a few crocuses (croci?) In ten days, we’ll be into spring, and I just can’t wait for the warmer weather!

Well, fatigue is setting in, so I’ll wrap this up.

Peace,

Muff

6 comments:

  1. Subtle reminders that spring is coming. The heat effects me very adversely, one of the reasons I enjoy winter so much!!

    We had an amazing weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The extreme heat will affect me, too, but just the nice spring warmth is something I look forward to.

      Delete
  2. I think it is a shame that some of us are not consulted about so many different important matters. Oh, to be queen of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be queen! That's my motto!!

      Delete
  3. The time change has knocked me for loop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll take several days for me to catch up!

      Delete