I think it’s the crummy weather, but everything is getting on my nerves! ‘They’ say we may have some sun tomorrow, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Is this SAD that I’m experiencing? Maybe I’ll do some photos of this grayness to make me feel better. Anyway, whatever the cause, here are some peeves.
1. Dresses: I know I mentioned this before, but this new fashion of wearing sleeveless dresses in the winter is nuts. I do like to see news people and actresses in dresses, but not ones that look like summer. I enjoy the style of the folded fabric on the dresses, but I prefer three-quarter or long sleeves. I suppose if they live in California or Florida, or other warm climate areas, the sleeveless is fine, but it’s cold up north here. Just my opinion, but I think they look dumb.
2. Commercials: Are they getting more stupid, or is it just me? That one from the USPS with the guy with the ugly Christmas sweater – what’s with that? And the Cialis one with the two bathtubs?? This other one may be regional, but it’s the ad with the guy talking to four little kids at a table (there are several versions.) “What’s better, fast or slow?” “What’s better two things or one?” “What’s better bigger or smaller?” First of all, the guy annoys me, but did they choose the brattiest kids in the world for these parts? I cringe every time it comes on. My husband laughs at my getting annoyed. I do, however, laugh at the VW one where the father tries to teach the son how to throw a ball. What a dork!
3. Shrinking sizes: Each time my husband brings home items from the grocery store, I’m noticing how deceitful they are. The box/can/package looks the same as always, but the amounts inside are lower. A five-pound bag of flour is now four pounds. Grands biscuits used to have ten, now it’s eight. Cereal has fewer ounces as does just about every food nowadays. Paper towels run out quickly as do Kleenex. The packaging looks the same, though.
4. Packaging itself: Can’t we have some packaging that’s not childproof? I know it’s a safety issue, but I just can’t open many of the items that have fifty million coverings. If my husband isn’t around, I’m screwed. I have little ones around sometime, but hey, here’s a novel idea – I watch what they’re doing. Please don’t tell me that parents nowadays are busy. So was I when my kids were small. The difference is that when they were awake, they were my main focus. So, if I need to keep kids away from packages, I’ll do so, but let me have easy-open packaging.
5. Judgmental people or those who jump to conclusions: Do I really need an explanation? They’re against any minority or splinter group, they harangue about any issue (sort of as I’m doing here ;->) and they act as if they are the final word on any discussion. So there!
I feel a little better now that I got that out of my system. And I’ll just wait until “Tomorrow, tomorrow … the sun’ll come out tomorrow…” I also get peeved at misquoting songs! Harrrummmph!!
PS Does anyone know why I can’t into the section of Blogger that allows me to remove blogs from my list? Some of them need to be removed, but I can’t get into that section. Anyone have an answer?